Saturday, November 25, 2006

Our Thanksgiving

We got up early and ate a quick breakfast of cereal for me and Peaches and Cream oatmeal for E. Then I made two dozen eggs that I had cooked the night before, into deviled eggs. We stopped at Rural King in Martinsville to purchase a couple of Christmas presents for the grandchildren.

Then, it was off again to Lebanon to the familys pitch-in Thanksgiving dinner. We were told that no one was bringing deviled eggs, but two more people did anyway. So there were LOTS of eggs. There was plenty of food to go around, as several brought more than one dish. There were about 30 people, some of which after 10 years of being in this family, I still have to ask E their names! Some of them I only see once or year, sometimes less than that.

It was a good day, warm, sunny and unusual for mid November. We drove home, a two hour drive, and fed our horses, chickens, dogs and cats and called it a day. We brought home enough leftovers for another meal or two. Yes, I'm ashamed to say, I ate too much. My bad!

No comments: