Sunday, February 14, 2010

Yesterday the mail carrier left a package on the front porch. And as we weren't expecting anything, I promptly opened it and was I ever surprised to find this! Thank you, thank you, baby sister! What a pleasant surprise! I sat down on the couch and put my feet up and read through the entire book! How to choose what to make first? The photos are beautiful and the recipes sound sooo good! On Sunday mornings I often cook for breakfast. Sometimes we make waffles, biscuits and gravy, omelets, monkey bread, an egg casserole, bacon and eggs or an egg sandwich. After looking at these scrumptious recipes, this one caught my eye as the perfect one to try for breakfast this morning! Have you ever had Hardee's Breakfast Bowls at their restaurants?
These were sooooo good and easy to make too! Lots of flavor and very filling. We both loved them! If you don't do mornings, you could do the prep work the evening before and just bake them for breakfast! You gotta try these!! Recipe makes 8 servings, but I halved it.

Friday morning I saw these deer digging in the snow, trying to reach the grass underneath for their breakfast. All of this snow makes it hard for the little creatures and the wildlife to keep their bellies full.
This is Sam. He is usually in the house with us when we are home. He is a big dog, 76 pounds, and really too big for our house, but he enjoys being where we are. He is about 10 years old. Not sure exactly as he was adopted from the pound. We are all tired of this cold and snow! We want to go outside and play in the garden, don't we Sam?






1 comment:

Lois said...

Hi Sis, Thanks for the update. I looked for the receipe but it wasn't there. Looks gooooooood. Wasn't that really peach sweet of Sarah to send you that book! I had a sneek peek at it, it was really interesting. I'll post a 'note' that I wrote one early morning last spring, when I have time. Love ya!