Saturday, April 08, 2006



We had a doozy of a hail storm yesterday. I was in the barn and wow was it loud, hitting those metal sides and doors! Here is a couple of pictures of some of it. The larger pieces are bigger than a nickel. Our vehicles have little dents in them!

We had a good lunch today. I had a venison rump roast that I had thawed and didn't have time to put it in the crockpot. When E got back from town today, he said whats for lunch? I dug out my pressure cooker and cooked it with onions and...wa la....lunch! I fixed a pot of green beans, made mashed potatoes and gravy and a pan of corn bread. It was so good! and to think I used to be terrified of using a pressure cooker. What was I thinking anyway??

Both of the babies have bad colds and so....I have one too!!! I have not had more than a cold a year, so does this mean I will get sick everytime they do? I used to, when I was a nanny before. This part I can do without!

Thursday evening, the babies grandmother and I went to the Taste of Home Cooking School that was being held at the IU Auditorium. This one was a lot bigger that the one that we all went to a couple of years ago. It was fun. No, I didn't win any door prizes. Boo hoo! There were some very nice ones.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Amazing Hail!