Monday, August 28, 2006

Tomatoes, tomatoes!

I picked all the ripe tomatoes I could on Saturday morning and spent most of the day Saturday and all of Sunday making Spaghetti Sauce.
I planted the Paste tomatoes in my garden just to make into sauce. We do love spaghetti and toasted garlic bread.!

On Thursday the man we buy our hay from called and wanted us to come and get a load (one hundred bales) on Friday evening after work. We told him we would be there around 6:15. Our next door neighbor had asked to borrow the horse trailer so she could go and pick up a new horse she had just bought. She was to pick it up around 1:00 or so on Friday. When I got home at 4:00 and the trailer wasn't in her drive way I thought, Uh Oh, something 'aint' right here!(We needed the hitch that was on the horse trailer to haul our hay trailer)!!! About a half hour later she called me and asked if I could come and help them catch and load their horse!
I called Ed and told him what was going on and left with her and a couple of other people she had to help. On the way there she told us what happed the when they tried to load her the first time. It seems that she decided she wasn't going to get on that trailer no matter what. The woman that bought her ended up being dragged for 5o yards down a gravel road because she wouldn't let go of the horses' rope! The horse finally got loose anyway, and ran into another neighbors barn lot, so they closed the gate and left her there and came to get reinforcements. But it didn't help any, because no one could get close enough to her to get a halter on her, to then try to load her on the trailer. Finally after trying to catch her for an hour, she called it quits and said she would get her money back. GOOD PLAN!! That horse had an ugly attitude. I got home about 7:30 and we hurried over and got our load of hay. But it was 9:30 by the time we had it unloaded and put in the barn. And I got two blisters on my fingers to boot!!

Here is a photo of a surprise that Jake made for us. If you want to see what they do, the people that I work for here is a link to their company website. Check it out, they do some pretty pieces: www.heritagestonework.com. I am going to plant some flowers around it.

Here is a photo of my boys. They turned 1 year old this month.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Hmmm.....link doesnt work - and no pictures!