Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lovely Weekend!

This is Solomon, 19 years old. I have cared for him since before he was born. He was watching me getting his supper ready. This was taken about a month ago, when we had some rather cold weather. He and the girls were eager to get in their stalls for the night.
I took this one yesterday. After I get home from work, the horses will often come down to this corner of their pasture and wait for me to come outside. I was in the kitchen when I took this one of Katie. She couldn't see me with the camera. She was just watching the door and waiting.
Awww! Say 'peaches'! This was taken on Sunday. We had a lovely visit and ate way too much! We had wonderful spaghetti with meatballs; potatoes, carrots, and roast cooked in the crockpot; garlic bread; chocolate cake; cream puffs; pretzel crunch salad; persimmon bread and bars; sweet tater pie; applesauce cake for all the March birthdays; two kinds of iced tea. I'm probably forgetting something too. It was a lovely day with warm spring weather. But best of all was the wonderful companionship and good company! My parting shot, saying goodby at the back door. See you soon!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

just trying out the comment section. some people said it didn't work right so I am trying it.