Sunday, August 09, 2009

More of This and That

I have been having some trouble with my photo program, so I will have to blog using Picasa. It doesn't work the way I want it to, but it is the best I can do at the moment. It will only upload 4 photos at a time, hence the different blogs today.

My garden has matured and the potato vines all turned yellow along with the onion tops. I dug up the potatoes and was quite surprised at the bounty. After planting a few leftover grocery store 'taters last spring, there were some very nice sized ones under the dirt. Some nice big ones too! I just wish I had a cellar to store my gardens bounty in for eating later!

There were several nice onions. I haven't used any yet so don't know if they are hot or sweet. Time will tell.
I only planted one tomato plant in my small garden. It is a Heritage Tomato called Elberta Peach. It is small, but tasty. I have been making Caprese Salad with them. Oh, so yummy! I don't think we are going to get enough tomatoes from our gardens to be able to make anything. Ours is just now starting to show a bit of color! We should be deep into tomato canning season by now. I wanted to make spaghetti sauce to can. We even planted extra plants to have enough to can, but it looks like we will have to buy tomatoes this year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: