Sunday, August 09, 2009

More Of This and That

When E ordered his garden seed this past spring, a free packet of carrots were included. These were all colors. I didn't even know carrots came in these colors! I planted them and they actually grew! Here is a bowl of them that I pulled. Some tasted good, some were kind of dense and fibery, if that is a word. But they were quite pretty in the bowl.
I planted a short row of these wax beans. Maybe a 4 foot row, but only five plants actually came up. They have been very prolific and I have picked the plants twice now and there are still little baby beans on the plants. I made Pickled Wax Beans with them. They turned out pretty nice. Even taste good.

This is my last bowl of salad greens. Boo hoo! I planted Buttercrunch Lettuce and it did so well. I loved the salads that we made from it. We made a Greek Salad, I think. We made it with grape tomatoes, sliced red onion, Kalamata olives, grilled chicken chunks, Feta cheese, and probably some things I can't remember. I made a homemade dressing with mayo, a bit of sugar and a bit of vinegar. I have had a request for that same salad again. Guess I will have to plant Buttercrunch for sure next spring.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Hi Farm Girl! You won my light block!

Jeanie said...

Just dropped in to see what you were up to. :) Love ya!