Sunday, August 09, 2009

Abit of This and That

Missy is slowly progressing. I expect to see her walking in a little while. She sits up and attempts to stand, just can't quite make it yet. Here she is laying on the porch while I vacuumed her rug in the house. The cat is Bart, on of the strays that came last year on July 4th. He loves everybody, even rubbing on the horses legs when I go out to put hay out! He is a real pesty cat!
I went to J.W. Jones (a local horse riding and camping place) and picked wild blackberries, a couple of weeks ago.There are about 4 or 5 quarts of berries in this bowl. I cooked them until they were soft, then strained out the juice and
made some lovely Blackberry jelly! I was going to go back and get more to but lots of stuff got in the way and I haven't been back. It may be too late for berries now. I found a bunch of chiggers too, something we don't seem to have here at home. I think it was worth it though when you put homemade jelly on a freshly toasted and buttered English muffin! Soooo gooood!! Yes, it was worth it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: