Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Green and Growing!

We finally got all the piping and all that conglomeration figured out. Turned on the water and had a couple of big water leaks, so had to turn it off and wait until we could get some new connections.
Looks like a jumble of pipes to me! Glad I didn't have to make sense of all those hoses by myself!
We eventually got all the bugs worked out with only a tiny little leak, (that we will fix). Ed had to replace the thermostat as it wouldn't work properly. Then we turned the water back on, set the thermostat, and went into the house. I had put the digital thermometer unit in there so I could moniter the temperature from inside the house. As you can see, it was 52 degrees inside the greenhouse and it was 16 degrees outside! It only varied about 3 degrees.
After a couple of days to make sure the temperature was stable, where ever I set it, on Monday, I put most of my house plants in the greenhouse. They were really suffering, in the house. Way too dark to grow nice houseplants. Today is Wednesday and I can already see a difference in them! They have more color in their leaves and are just perkier! Still have to add shelves to the right side of it, above the radiator and heating unit. Love it, love it!

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Yay, Ed! Looking good! :)