Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pickle Pie and and Shoo Fly too!

I came across this recipe on the Farm Bell recipe blog, and just had to try it. I blind baked the crust.
then browned the ground beef, with onion and garlic.
Chop your dill pickles, and add a couple of other ingredients,
bake, eat and enjoy. We both liked it, even though Ed thought it might be even better with a little less pickles. If you like cheese burgers, I think you would like it too!
And this morning, I was craving shoo fly pie, so I just made one! In the microwave, of course. It isn't perfect, the crust didn't get as cooked as I would have liked, but it has the wonderful, aroma and taste of Shoo Fly Pie! and that is what counts!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I wanna try that pickle pie, if i ever get a chance to cook again, lol

Lois said...

Makes my mouth water, looks so good.

Bluebird74 said...

How do you make it in the microwave ? I might do that !
The pickle pie looks good too!

Rachel said...

Ooooohhh, Jeana would love it,I need to send her that recipe. Personally the shoo-fly is calling my name.