Monday, February 02, 2009

We have a bathroom drain that actually drains now! E got all the pipes replaced and now we just need to figure out how to repair that huge hole in the floor! I can't wait to get everything that was in this room, back in there, so I can find the livingroom! I am planning to sort out some more of the 'stuff' and donate it, so I won't have to put so much back in there. I think I inherited some of the 'save everything' genes from my grandmother, but that makes for a lot of clutter and 'stuff' that we don't need to have in this tiny house. Makes keeping the house neat pretty difficult. So I am going to be ruthless when it comes to keeping all this 'stuff'!! We had a relaxing weekend. I slept a bit later than usual. We read books, sat in front of the computer awhile, worked on my quilt, did the laundry and some house cleaning. I tried a new recipe called Crockpot Enchiladas. I loved them, even though I think I would not cook them quite so long next time. E said they weren't too bad, but he doesn't like anything with a lot of tomatoey sauces. These were rich and saucy. Yum!

E surprised me by cleaning the horses' stalls and rebedding them! I always do the cleaning while he takes care of the chickens. When I came outside to clean stalls, they were already done!! He is such a sweetie!!
This little black kitty will follow me absolutely anywhere. He is a pest! But he purrs so loudly when I pick him up and he licks my nose, and just loves every second of his share of my time. The snow was a problem for him as he couldn't walk on top of it, he kept breaking through, but he didn't care if he could climb up my legs! OUCH!Solomon got a 'boo boo' on his face. I don't know what happened. I suspect that Katie, who is standing next to him, probably made a mad face at him and he smacked his face on the hay feeder that is in their run-in shed. He used to be the Absolute Boss Man, but Katie and her daughter Maddie, have taken over and Katie runs him off from the gate, the water tank and just because she can! It is hard for me to believe that he will be 20 years old in May of this year! I helped him come into this world, and it just seems like yesterday! He is as healthy as can be, but has some arthritis in his right rear stifle that makes him have a bit of a hop when he is moving faster than a walk.


This is my sleeping garden. It is warm and cosy under its blanket of snow. I can hardly wait to get my hands in some warm garden soil! Some years the daffodils are coming up in mid January, but I think they are hiding this year!
My father in law gave me 4 grape vines that he dug up from his garden. He was tired of messing with them. I think they are about 4 or 5 years old. They are sitting in the garage in big buckets. I don't know if they will survive their winter storage or not. I hope so. I wish we had planted an apple tree or two when we first moved here twelve and half years ago. We would most likely be harvesting apples now. But...hindsight is wonderful isn't it!
Lets hope for an early spring!



4 comments:

Lois said...

Hey there, thanks for the post. Bet you didn't have all the trouble I had last night trying to get my post printed. In the end, at3:45 am. I wound up loosing it after all. I hate it when that happens! I had a picture on it twice and tried everything I knew and some things I didn't know, to get it off and wound up withing nothing,after all that work. Big bummer!
How about your recipe, sounds yummy for Tim and I, Hubby don't eat such things either, don't know whats wrong with him.

Lois said...

Glad you got your pipes fixed. Look at it on the bright side, you got to do it all in doors, where there's no snow or ice. While it all dug up you could put in radient floor heat.

Ruth said...

Hey, thanks for my pretty birthday card!

Jeanie said...

Glad that you all got your plumbing woes fixed. What ideas have you all come up with for the floor fix?!

I just watched the birthing of Maddie last Friday. Sure doesn't seem like 6 years ago!

Love all the pictures and updates. Miss you guys!

Love ya! XOX