Monday, October 02, 2006

An Afternooon Trailride

I liked Ruth's idea to include us in her early morning walk with the dogs. I ride Katie 3 or 4 times a week and thought I would take you all on a trailride with me. In the photo above we are just leaving the barn area. We will ride down the hill, (in a wide zig zag fashion, as it is easier on the horse than walking straight down). We will enter the woods at the red arrow.
Here is where we enter the woods at the bottom of the hill. The weeds have grown all summer and some of them are 6 feet tall! There is a deer trail that we follow. We are heading for that open field in the distance, through the trees in the photo below.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad that you updated! And thank you for that lovely ride! How beautiful! You girls are so lucky to live with such beauty.

Ruth said...

Loved the trail ride, I hade to come back a couple times to do it again. I can imagine being there.

Lois said...

Oh my saddle sores. I haven't rode in years and my backside is so sore. Nice armchair ride though. Hmmmm, grape jelly for Christmas? I'll bring the fresh hot bread.