Wednesday, August 24, 2005

We drove to Wisconsin to visit Dakota and Karen. We took his extra bags of cubes with us. It was quite different country up there. We (I should say Sarah) took a lot of photos. Beautiful ones, too. Then...on the way home, she accidently erased them all from my digital camera! She was an unhappy puppy for a while! I don't think we will be going back any time soon to take them again as it was a 10 hour drive and long hot trip! It wasn't cheap either with gas prices the way they are!!!

I think Dakota will have a good home. Karen understands his diet limitations and is feeding him accordingly. He has room to move about, and a buddy to play with. He seemed somewhat subdued, but then he hadn't been there a week yet. She emailed me yesterday that he was perkier. Maybe he had trailer-lag? you know, like jet-lag?

We visited a very large Mennonite store while there, and they sure do have a lot of items that you can't find in any local grocery store. Wish I could visit a store like that periodically. That was neat.

I spent yesterday canning tomato salsa. It is medium hot, and has a little bite to it. Not too much, but you know it is there. It is so good with tortilla chips.

I still have 4 gallons of mulberries in the freezer, waiting to be made into jelly, so maybe I will tackle that soon. I want to finish canning the green beans tomorrow, and then they will DONE!!

It looks like we might be getting a new horse. A friend of Ed's wants to give us their registered Quarter horse mare. She is 21 years old, skinny and poor. They don't take care of her very well, and she has no shelter in her round pen, where she has been for the last couple of years. We would like to make her happy in her last years. At least give her good food and shelter. We might bring her home this weekend. I mentioned to Ed that she might develope Cushings or something like that and it is expensive to treat. Most older horses do get it eventually. But he wants to bring her home anyway. I wanted a younger horse for trail riding.

No comments: