Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yesterday I stood in the middle of the living room, glued to the TV, watching the reentry of the Space Shuttle. I am so glad they got home safely! They are brave people. I just could not do anything that had that kind of risk with it. I'm a chicken, a homebody to the core.

Finally got the Sugar Pickles canned. They sat in a big pot, in a corner of the kitchen for 14 days, fermenting. So now they are done. In a couple of weeks we will try a jar to see if they are as tasty as WH remembers them to be. Made 4 pints of spaghetti sauce too, and it is cooking right now. Now I am going to tackle some Peach Plum Jam. Sounds yummy to me!!

1 comment:

mom said...

The extent of my canning this year..........3 qts. of tomatoes ,,,3 qts of green beans , Hope we don't have a very long winter!!!!!!!!! MOM