Wednesday, August 17, 2005


Well, it is another day! I don't want another one like yesterday any time soon! My horse Dakota was going to a new home, and neither myself or the new owner could get in touch with the driver and he was waaaaay over the time of delivery!

So to help pass the time (gotta keep my hands busy or my head will go nuts, waiting) , I made a batch of Rosy Peach Banana Jam. I am not a fan of bananas, especially ripe ones, so I didn't think I would like this, but I was surprised at how good it tasted. And it is pretty too!


When we did finally hear from him, he said he sat in traffic for a long time because of an accident and his cell phone wouldn't receive or send, from where he was.

Anyhow, Dakota finally made it about 4:45 and seems to be right at home. I will sure miss him, he was a 'fixture' around here. I had him for 11 years. I think the other horses miss him too, they were awfully subdued on Monday when he left, and yesterday also.

Now, since I don't have him to take care of and all the time he took to mix his feed, and clean his stall, fix his lunch feed, an his turnouts, I don't know what to do with myself at chore time. It feels real strange to go in the barn and his stall to be empty.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Love the picture!

Farm Girl said...

Thank you, sweetie!

mom said...

that jelly sounds good how about the recipe mom