Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Woo Hoo, I canned 21 quarts of green beans yesterday! WH said why don't we use the stove that you cooked maple syrup on, and keep all that steam outside?? I thought that was a great idea, until I tried to carry the full canner out to the garage!! That was a ordeal! On the next trip out there, I put the filled and hot jars on a try and took them out to the canner.
It really worked wonderfully. Wish we had thought of that before!

I got a burr under the saddle this morning and took the hoe and hoed in the big garden for about and hour. That was one hot job! Especially since the weeds were about 3 feet tall. But I got most of the nasty buggers!! It sure looks good now!

Gotta go and work on my spaghetti sauce and my pickles now. Times a wastin'!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

sounds like a LOT of work to me! But if that makes you feel good..........:)