Monday, August 29, 2005


Well, we did it. We went and picked up Sis. (this was her name, not my choice). She walked onto the trailer like she does it every day! She was fine with it, I was the mess! I hate hauling a horse. It gets me all up tight and on edge. Why? I suppose because Ive heard too many horror stories of trailer accidents. It scares me to put a huge, basicaly skittish animal in such a tiny space and go down the road at 50 miles per hour!! Yikes!

Sis stood there eating her hay all the way home. She occasionlly called, but then we were taking her from the only home she has known for the last 12 or 13 years.

She won't be alone now, we have 3 horses already. She stood in a round pen for the last two years with no shelter from any kind of weather.

She doesn't like her back feet picked up, and kicks sideways. But the farrier is coming this weekend and she needs her feet taken care of badly. I have working on that, but we haven't gotten very far. She should have learned that when she was a foal, not 21 years old!!

Her she is, having just gotten off of the trailer.

No comments: