Friday, November 04, 2005

I had a busy day today. I left the house at 7:10 this AM to go and take some photos of the fall colors. I put quite a few miles on my truck. I was taking a photo of a little white church surrounded by orange maple trees, when a farmer from the neighboring farm walked down to where I was. He wanted to know if I was surveying for the water lines!! He was older, and said he told them the water lines are in his cow pasture and he thinks they should find them because if he dies, and a mean person gets his farm, no one would know where they were! I guess that makes sense.

I got home about noon, and started working on canning my pears again. I put a roast in the crockpot with some potatoes. That is one thing less to have to do this evening. It is also one of Ed's favorite meals.

I carried a milk crate and a 5 gallon bucket of shelled corn down the back pasture to refill the deer feeder. It was nearly full already so that was a useless trip. We love to watch the deer. Usually there are at least three and sometimes more that come out to eat. If the dog isn't around they usually come out about 5:30. I hate it when they eat my blackberry bushes, and get in my garden, but I love watching them. A couple of them walked through the horse pasture this evening and the horses just watched them go.

I squeezed in some laundry in between slicing pears a slicing my thumb. I wanted to use the leaf bagger on the lawn mower, but ran out of time to get it all done.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Hum...wondering about the thumbs?! David cut the end of his thumb really bad 2 Fridays ago. It is healing well though for just being home tended. Could not talk him into going and getting stitches. It got caught in a rachet strap that he was trying to retighten. Sure hope yours was less tramatic. I got queasy helping him bandage it!
I finally got approval from Blogger.com to let me post. LOL
Enjoyed all the pictures and news.