Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yesterday was my day to go town and run some errands. I took one of Ed's work boots to a shoe repair shop in downtown Bloomington, so they could sew the sole back on at the toe. It had been glued, but needed stitching. This same repair shop did other boot to this pair a couple of months ago, and did a very nice job. It turned out to be better than the original, which was only glued.

I went over to Bloomingfood's and bought a pound of flax seed which I grind as needed and add to my morning shake mix. I stopped at the post office and mailed a package, (after standing in line at least 20 minutes)! And it was 10:30 in the morning! There is ALWAYS a line to stand in, in this postoffice, no matter what time of the day!

Before I started to town to run my errands I made a stop at Horse Angels Rescue Farm. It is 4 miles from our house. It is run by a lady veternarian and her husband. I asked her if they needed any part time help. She said not right now, but in a couple of months. There is going to be a Dressage Trainer and her loyal following, coming to her barn in March.
The vet was in a hurry, she had appointments somewhere, and she told me to just go through the barn and look around. There were several horses inside. One is her personal horse, a cremello (a faded yellow color, but not palomino) quarter horse stallion, a 30 year old blind mare, a pony, a goat, and 3 or 4 other horses.
Outside were several others in all stages of rehab, from being rescued. There were two that obviously had Cushings Disease. The barn was a mess. She has a 120' x60' indoor arena. It would be a nice place if it was cleaned up. She said everything got away from her this winter.

I had written a resume, the evening before, so I gave her that, then she left. Later in the afternoon, she called me and asked me if I would be interested in helping her do surgery. Be her assistant. HUH? She wanted to know if the sight of blood makes me ill. I said I didn't think so, but that I had no medical training! Anyway, she said she would talk it over with her son, and call me back. So that is where it stand now.

Just thought I'd let you know, there are probably some changes in the works. Don't know to what extent yet...I'm trying to follow the 'still small voice' that guides our lives if we let Him.

3 comments:

mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yvonne said...

Wow! Hope you get the job! I'll say a prayer for you!

Lois said...

Surgeon Sharon Wolfe? Wow! Libby would be proud of you.

You're to kind hearted for such work.