Friday, March 10, 2006

This is what surprised me in the barn yesterday morning, when I went out to feed! She obviously came in out of the rain and made herself at home in the sawdust pile. And she is huge! She was wary and fearful if I so much as moved my hand. She was very hungry. All of her ribs were showing and her hip bones were visable. This morning after several meals she looks so much better and she loves being touched. She is quite young, her teeth are very white, and all the edges of her front teeth are sharp yet. She leaves a track in the mud that is nearly 4 inches wide!!

What is she? After looking up it up on the internet, I think she is a blood hound or a coonhound, but she doesn't really look like the coonhound too much.


I have place a 'found' ad in the paper, to come out tomorrow. Must be identified to claim. We'll see what developes. Maybe she got lost and will be reclaimed. She wants to come in the house so badly. She makes her way around the house to the windows and the sliding doors whining and making pitiful noises.

Speaking of developments, yesterday I went for an interview for a 'nanny' position in Spencer. Taking care of 7 month old twin boys. Since I have done this before, I might have an edge over the 16 and 17 year olds that have applied too. She will let me know by Wednesday. I haven't heard a word from the horse farm.


It rained 'buckets' yesterday! We had 2 3/4 inches in the rain gauge. Washed gully's in the gravel of the driveway.
 Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Wow! that would be a suprise. I think she is a mix of bloodhound and something bigger. The head profile looks very much bloodhound but the ears are not long enough. She is much bigger then a bloodhound too. Just watched something on PBS the other day about bloodhounds and she looks similar but not quite. Give her a hug for me.

Yvonne said...

What a beautiful dog! If no one claims her will you keep her?
I hope you get the Nanny position - from what I know of you, you will make a wonderful Nanny. I'll say a prayer for you.

Lois said...

That's a BIG dog. Looks like she could be real friendly. Timmy said, "I'll tell you one thing, if she has that dog for sale, I'd sure like to buy it off of her." Kenny sugested that maybe it has some Irish Setter in it.

Farm Girl said...

Timmy? do you really want a BIG dog to play with? You can have her! She will drool on you, but you can handle it, right?

Farm Girl said...

Timmy, Uncle Ed said you can have this dog!!!!!

Lois said...

NOW WAIT JUST A MINUTE! YOU DIDN'T ASK ME. GOOD THING HE CAN'T READ YET OR YOU WOULD HAVE PUT HIM IN AN AWFULL CRYING FIT. WE CAN'T HAVE A DOG HERE. IT GOES UP TO THE NEIGHBORS, GETS IN THE ROAD, LAYS IN THE FLOWERS, DIGS UP THE FLOWERS, IS A MAGNET FOR TICK CITY, AND ON AND ON. THE TICKS ARE A CURSE DOWN HERE IN THE WOODS AND THAT'S PUTTING IT MILDLY. BUT SHE DOES LOOK FRIENDLY.